OK, this is the last thing I blog about today. Back at bit I received the following from Today is the Best Day of Our Lives (http://jacquelynchen.wordpress.com). Please remember to visit her blog. It is such a wealth of inspiring quotations and beautiful images that there ought to be a Hidden Gems Award; it inspires me just going there.
I would like to nominate you for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award”. There are five rules you will need to take note of:
(1) Display the award logo on your blog.
(2) Link back to the person who nominated you.
(3) State 7 things about yourself.
(4) Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
(5) Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements. Congratulations and do continue to inspire! Bravo!
I was very flattered, but this was just before I went “offline” for at least 6 months, and when I got back to blogging I never got around to my part of the bargain.
Since I am “back” (and clearly blogging waaaaay more than anyone wants to keep up with, but I have recently learned how to schedule my posts!), I am catching up (especially now that I know how to post the image!).
First, 7 things about myself that are not in my “Who Am I?”
- I am a procrastinator. In fact, at any given time I am putting off much more important things than what you see me doing.
- I love beautiful things and making them too, but my pragmatic and busy personality makes that hard for me so I compromise by making them practical/useful. For example, I love origami but focus on making origami mobiles (of the 3D type) because I can hang them up or give them as gifts, or make origami boxes and other beautiful and practical objects.
- I love books and magazines, but never seem to have time to read them.
- I want to take my family and re-visit Singapore.
- I don’t feel like a very inspiring blogger, but this motivates me to try to be a bit more so.
- I am impressed that my 16yo son is learning Mandarin.
- I’d love to set up a table, comfy chairs and select beverages some place in public with a sign saying “Will discuss important or difficult things, or just listen and pray”
And now for the nominees (without descriptions – be surprised!).
Wait a minute, I think that I am not alone in saying that I have many blogs I follow, but only a smaller percentage fall specifically into the “inspirational” category, making this a difficult award to pass on to 15, so I am making an executive decision and changing it:
- The Matt Walsh Blog – http://themattwalshblog.com/
- Simonjohnsonofclowne – http://simonjohnsonofclowne.com/
- Burnblog – http://burnblog.net/
- SparkOnIt: Science and Technology News – http://sparkonit.com/
- Daughterbydesign – http://daughterbydesign.wordpress.com
- A Twisted Crown of Thorns – http://atwistedcrownofthorns.com
- CTK Blog – http://ctkblog.com/
It took me long enough to come up with 7 out of my many. I shall change it to 5-7.